Thursday, May 28, 2009

Story I'm Writing For School

Here is a story that I am writing for school, I write for any limit of time I want then my Mom corrects all the incorrect grammar. Oh yeah, and it takes awhile to get to the basics. I wrote a lot more than this I just don't have much time to type it all down at once. ;)

The Mysterious Cave

Chapter One

Once, there lived 3 sisters who were always very curious and adventurous and brave. They were named Clare, Mary, and Elizabeth. Clare was the eldest, she was 12. Mary was the 2nd eldest, and she was 10. Elizabeth was the youngest and she was 8. But everyone calls her Lizzie. Mary had short blodne hair with blue eyes. So did Clare but she had much longer hair. Elizabeth had brown hair and had just got a haircut from her Mother and she had green eys, almost looking like brown. They lived in a small beige house. The three shared a bedroom. They all slept in one bunk bed. Clare slrpt on the top and Mary slept on the bottoam and there was a trundle at the very end of the bed that Elizabeth slept on. Their parents names were Elsa and Peter. Their Father was kind with a broad smile. Their Mother loved to sew and always did for them. Their last name was Carly.

"Girls, come down for dinner," Mother called. They were playing a board game upstairs.

"We're coming, Mom," Clare called back. Mother set plates full pf sphagetti on the table. The girls flew down the stairs, their tummies rumbling.

"Good evening, girls. How did school go today for you?"

"Well, I've still got a bit of homework to do but otherwise it's been great," said Elizabeth, chewing on a mouthful of sphagetti.

"All right. Maybe I can help you with that tonight."

"Thanks, Daddy."

"Yeah, I didn't play the board game with them so I could finish my homwork. So I finished all my school today and it went well," Mary beamed.

"That's very good, Mary," Father said. "How about you, Clare?"

I actually didn't start my homework yet...but I got a good grade in school today: B+," Clare answered.

"Oh really? I'm very proud of you, Clare," Mother replied.

"Thank you," said Clare, politely.

"Yes, that is very good," Father agreed.

After dinner was done, Mother asked, "Now girls, will you help me clean the kitchen?"

"Sure, Mom," they all said at once. It was Clare's and Mary's job always to help wash the dishes and wipe down the table, and it was Elizabeth's job to help sweep the floor.

That night, the Carly girls sat up late in their comfy beds thinking up things for the story they were writing. Clare was the writer, Elizabeth drew the illustrations and Mary just helped make up things in the story.

"Hold on, let me just write this all down," Clare said after Mary had told her a bunch of things to write.

"Okay," laughed Mary.

"Can I please draw something soon?" Elizabeth asked.

"Sure, Lizzie," answered Clare.

Soon Mother opened the door to their room and said," Girls, I'd like you to get some rest now. You have another day of school tomorrow."

2 comments:

Kateri said...

Emily, that is REALLY good! I love how you're so great at making such real family conversations and situations.

One the hardest things for a writer to do is to make her writing realistic and alive. You don't have any problems with that!!! :)

Emily Froula said...

Thank you so much, Kateri! <3