Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chapter 32!!!

Hey guys!!! You're almost done!!! How do you like this chapter?!? Do you think their parting is good? I had the hardest time trying to write it! lol. Tell me what you think, be honest!


Chapter 32:

The treasure, indeed, was more riches then Sarah had ever seen. It was like a king's treasure chamber. Boxes and boxes of gold, jewels, silver, and other precious things lay in a great pit. Three sculls lay to the side of the hole, where the Black King's crew had tossed them.

It took the Ransom's crew all day to load it aboard the ship.

Jamison watched as they rowed the boats of treasure up to the Ransom.

"Captain Eddie was the greatest pirate ever." he said "The only one who could rival him was Captain King." he paused "And I just beat King, I guess that makes me one of the best pirates, does it not?"

Sarah carefully tied a bandage around Jamison's arm. "I guess so, Jamie." she paused "What are going to do with your life now?"

Jamison shrugged. "I don't know. What will you be doing?"

Sarah sighed, and bit her lip. "I think I have to go home now. My parents surely think I'm dead. I can't leave them like that."

"Yeah." agreed Jamison slowly "You really should go."

"I don't really want to go." confessed Sarah "I'll miss sailing, and the crew, and, Jamie, I'm going to miss you most of all." she whispered, leaning against his uninjured arm. "Will you keep being a pirate, Jamison?'"

"I don't know... I can't very well just up and leave my ship and crew, and I don't want to quit sailing. I love the sea. But I shan't be doing any more kidnapping or slaving, or merciless killing."

The sail back to the city was uneventful. But when the crew heard Sarah was to leave them and go home, they all got very disappointed.

They docked at the city's wharfs early one morning. Jamison booked Sarah on the finest ship he could find. She'd have her own private cabin, and many other luxuries. The ship, it was called The Swan, left in only two days.

Sarah had but two days left with her friends from the Ransom. Those last days were pleasant, yet bittersweet. On the night before she left, Jamison took Sarah out on a long walk. And while Jamison tried not to show it, Sarah saw it was clear her leaving was going to be very hard on him.

The next morning was a sad one. The good-byes were unbearable and Sarah was close to tears as Jamison took her hand and lead her off the Ransom to the docks to board The Swan. The Swan's horn sounded loudly. She had but ten minutes left with Jamison.

"You'll come see me, won't you?" asked Sarah

Jamison nodded. "I will."

Sarah flung her arms around his neck, "Oh, Jamie! I'll miss you!"

"I'll come see you, Sarah. Once my life is all straightened out."

Sarah clung onto Jamison, crying, and feeling her heart break. Then she broke away from him, and met his gaze. "Jamie, once I get back home, all my friends are going to ask me if I'm going to marry the sailor I fell in love with. What should I say?"

He laughed, and pulled her close again. "You should say, yes, you are going to. Because, Sarah, I have every intention of bringing you aboard my ship for keeps when we meet again."

Sarah's eyes gleamed wit joy. "Oh, Jamison Dread, I love you!"

Jamison hugged her tightly. "I love you too, Sarah, so much. More then you could ever imagine."

The Swan's horn sounded again. They had only a few minutes left.

"Stay safe." whispered Sarah "You really are too daring sometimes."

"And you stay safe too, Sarah, you trust young men far too quickly."

She laughed, then paused. "It'll take me about a year to get back home again, so I shan't see you for a very long time." she sighed "So much can change and happen in a year."

"Aye." said Jamison "But some things never change, like this." And he kissed her.

Sarah felt tears in her eyes again.

"Good bye, Sarah. I love you." he whispered, then he broke away from her. Sarah boarded The Swan and looked over the rail. Jamison was standing on the deck. He wasn't crying, Jamison never cried, but he looked close to it.

"I will cry tears of joy when I leave Jamison."
She had said that months ago.

No, she would cry tears of sorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! They are soooooo in love! I really like the idea of them parting, Kateri! You should keep it! Words cannot express of how I love this story, Kateri! <3 :D :)

Anonymous said...

Awww Emily! That is soo nice! I'm sooo glad you like it. I can't YOU GUYS enough! ;)

M.C. said...

Oh, it's so bittersweet! <3 it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! More coming later....