Friday, June 5, 2009

more

Chapter Eight

"What am I supposed to do with em'?" asked Justin "Were sure don't need them."

"Give them away." said Matt, motioning with his spoon, "Pick a person, any person, and lets get out of here before a mob starts."

"Ok, ok, hey, see that girl around here anywhere? They would have been hers if she went before us."

"Oh, yeah, good idea! She's over there..." Matt paused "It looks like she's crying."

"Well maybe this will brighten her up." said Justin "I'll be right back." Justin sprinted over to the table. "Hey! Hey you!"

The girl looked up, her dark hair falling over her shoulders and her eyes wet with tears. She hastened to dry to her eyes, and looking questioningly at him. "Yeah?"

Justin tried to find the right words. "Well, I, uh, I won these tickets, and I don't want them. I was wondering if maybe you would?"

The girl froze. "You're joking, right?"

"No! Here! See?" he tossed her the ice cream cup.

The girl looked up at him in shock. "Are you sure? Theses are tickets to go see Justin Fairway! Don't you know who Justin is?"

Justin laughed. "Trust me, I know who he is. I'm just not a huge fan of the guy, some of his songs are cheesy." He grinned an impish smile, "So, do you want them or not?"

"Yes! Yes! Ahhh!" she girl jumped up and down "I don't know what to even say!"

"I take it you're a big fan of Fairway?"

"Yes! His biggest fan ever!" The girl ran up and hugged him so hard he could barely breath. "Thank you! Thank you so much...what's your name?"

"Dylan." said Justin without hesitation "Dylan Trust. And you are?"

"I'm Ella." she laughed "And you know what, Dylan? You just made my day! You're the nicest person I've ever met! I can't thank you enough. I hope we meet up again sometime."

Justin shrugged. "Well, uh, I'm going to be driving a few of my friends home from the concert. Maybe we can see each other there." he smiled, "Well, I gotta go. Enjoy the concert, kid!"

*~*~*

Ella looked down at the writing under the peeled away sticker. "You Have Just Won 2 Tickets to See Justin Fairway's Homecoming Concert, Aug 20th."

She still couldn't believe it. Dylan was certainly the nicest guy she had ever met in her whole life.

Ella turned in the cup, and the owner of the ice cream shop gave her the two tickets. They were blue with shiny yellow writing and a red guitar across the front. They were beautiful. Ella couldn't believe her luck. And she had two. Who else should she take? Julianna was gone, her parents would refuse to saying somebody else would enjoy it more, Maria maybe? Yes, she'd take Maria.

Ella still couldn't believe it had all really happened.

*~*~*

"Well, you sure made that girl's day." remarked Matt on their way home.

"Hahaha, yeah, I know! She said she's my biggest fan. I'm glad she got them, she was really sweet."

"I still can't get over the fact that you won tickets to your own concert! Out of all those people, you, got them. It's really very funny."

Justin nodded. "Yeah. I know. And, Matt, do me a favor will you? Remind me to bring my hat and sunglasses to my concert, I think she'll be looking for me."

*~*~*

"And he just gave them to you?" asked her Father, looking very surprised.

"Yup! Crazy huh? The concert is tomorrow, at 8:00. I'll take Maria with me, if she wants to go."

"Sounds great!" said her Mother, smiling "I'm so glad you got tickets, sweetie. Oh, do you know where you'll be sitting?"

"No! But I should look that up, shouldn't I?" Ella got onto the Internet, and soon was on the website. "Oh my goodness." she gasped "They're the best seats! The one's right up by the stage! They're worth...almost a thousand dollars!" She clutched the tickets to her heart. "Oh, Dylan is so nice! He could have sold them and made a fortune, but instead he gave them away to me." she giggled. "I will never have a bad day again!"

*~*~*

"How long will you stay in town after your show" asked Justin's Mother that evening.

"Well a month or two at least. I'm off tour after this, and I have no intention of going off to anywhere else for awhile."

"Good!" said his Mother "You could use a break, after going from state to state and singing non-stop for so long. And we could use seeing you for awhile." she smiled "We've missed you so much, Justin."

"Well, you don't know how much I've missed you guys." he grinned "But I'm off tour now, well, officially tomorrow, then I'll stay home for as long as possible. I want to start making another album this year, and there's no reason why I can't make it here at home."

*~*~*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY FOR ELLA!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! LOVE IT!!!! :D

M.C. said...

Same here lol. <3 ;) :D

~M.C.