Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Rest of Chapter 3

"Hello, New York!" cried Justin "How are you guys doing tonight?" Unlike many people, Justin was a natural on a huge stage. He had learned to get over stage fright on that first night at the talent show. He had never been unconformable on stage again, in fact, he loved to be in the spotlight now, putting on a show.

Not that Justin was self-centered, in fact, he was incredibly humble, but he certainly knew how to perform, and loved doing it.

Justin strummed a few wild notes on his guitar. The crowd screamed. He grinned and pulled the microphone off the stand. "Ya'll ready now?"

"Yes!" shrieked the crowd.

"Alright then. You asked for it!"

Justin took to his guitar, joining the band in the tune of one of his greatest hits, "Throw Me a Line". The beat picked up, growing stronger, then Justin jumped in singing.

Throw me a line, cause' I am falling,
Throw me a line, cause' I am drowning,
Throw me a line, cause' I am dying, in this heartless ocean...


Justin had worked so hard on the lines of this song. He wrote the lyrics to all his songs, rarely needing help. As usual, he nailed every note and the carried out the tune strongly.

The ocean waves are wet of salty tears,
The sky is full of broken dreams,
The bottom is sharp with old fears,
And the ships that sail across this sea are full of enemies...


The lights flashed over the stage, then pin pointed in, directly on Justin. Everywhere else was pitch black, and the room sounded with the sad, lonely beat, and Justin's haunting vocals.

I was walking long' that dangerous cliff, then slipped and fell alone,
sinking into the sad waters at no one's fault by my very own.
It was me who dared to dance on the line of danger and safety,
now no one's here to try to even rescue me...


The emotion Justin put into his songs was unlike anything any singer had done before. He made you feel that he was there, singing in the sad waters. He continued on, nearing the end.

Looking back on it all, those thoughtless words and actions,
I wish I'd looked ahead, to see what would happen,
to see this horrible fate, this endless agony,
and maybe then I would have held back, and spared myself from me...


He had the crowd totally captured now. Nobody could break away from the spell he had them under.

If someone were to rescue me, from these painful waters,
If someone were to save me, from this insanity,
If someone were to do that, and give me one more chance, no longer would I dare to do that dangerous dance.


He had the song almost done now, all he had left to do was sing the refrain one more time. He did so, packing it with emotion as he always did.

Throw me a line, cause' I am falling,
Throw me a line, cause' I am drowning,
Throw me a line, cause' I am dying, in this heartless ocean.


Once done, Justin returned to the center of the stage, grinning his famous grin, as the crowd erupted. He picked up the microphone, still smiling, and waiting for the crowd to calm down, when at last they did, he yelled, "There's lots more where that came from!"

The crowd screamed even louder after he announced this, and Justin began to strum another tune.

*~*~*

"Oh my goodness, Ella!" cried Julianna, jumping up "I just thought of something!"

"What?" asked Ella, who was getting sleepy.

"His concert, tonight, it might be aired on the radio! Do you have a radio anywhere?"

Ella was up at once. "Yeah! In the closet!" She pulled it out and turned it on, flipping through the channels. "Static, rap, news, static, talk-show, country..." she clicked through more stations "Come on! Rock, more rock, baseball game, arrrggg!" Click. Click. Click. "Where the heck is it? Ah hah!" From over the radio came the familiar voice, singing very familiar lyrics.

You're my darling,
You're my hero,
You're my baby girl,
You're the only one I notice in this crazy world...


"Ohhh! This is one my favorites!" shrieked Julianna "It's from his first album."

"This is too cool!" said Ella "And remember, he's going to do a question and answer session with the fans after. Does it get any better then this?"

*~*~*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, Kateri! So good! Go Justin! :)

Kateri said...

Thanks, Em!! :)