Monday, June 1, 2009

More of my story!

When they got home, the girls spent the time they had before dinner writing their story. It was getting to an exciting part and they were ager to write mor the second they came in through the door.

"Here's some pencils," Clare said, giving her two sisters mechanical pencils out of a bag that was on her bunk of the bed.

"Thanks," said Mary.

"Sure." Elizabeth immediatly started to illustrate a sea creature because before she could not do that the night before Mother had told them to get some rest. Clare started to laugh. "That's really cool, Lizzie. But why'd ya do it so fast?"

"Thank you...well, let's just say that I have an awesome idea."

"Haha, okay. Don't take up too much time."

"Don't worry, we have plenty of time," said Mary. "It's only 4:05. Dinner's not till 6:30."

"I suppose so." Elizabeth was concentrating too hard on her illustration to say anything.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna get a snack for us all," Mary decided, getting up.

"Okay. thanks a lot, Mary," beamed Clare.

"It's okay." And with that she ran downstairs.

"Mind if I grab some of those carrots for us to munch on upstairs?" Mary asked her Mother.

"Not at all," she answered.

"Thank you," she said, grabbing them.

"Sure, any time." Mary ran back upstairs with the carrots.

"Here," she said, giving them each a handful.

"Thanks," they both said at once.

"Are you almost, done, Lizzie?" Clare asked her.

"Almost...................................there!" she cried, very pleased with her illustration. Mary and Clare both glanced at what she drew. She had drawn the maine caracter under water with the sea creature biting her.

"Wow! That's so cool! You did an awesome, job, Lizzie," Mary exclaimed, expressing what she really thought with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, I love that. I even wouldn't even be suprised if you became a real live famous illustrator someday," Clare encouraged. Elizabeth was too flattered to say anything.

"Can I please write something now?" Clare asked.

"Yup!" So Calre gladly took the notebook and wrote eagerly.

While Mary waited for Clare to write something she got up and danced a small jig on the hard wood floor.

"Hahahahaha," laughed Elizabeth. "What are you doing?"

"Feeling jolly and dancing," Mary laughed back. "What else should I do while waiting?"

"Oh, never mind."

Mary couldn't help but laugh again. Elizabeth started to munch on another carrot. "These are really good," she said. "Did we just get them?"

"I don't think so," answered Mary. Elizabeth winked.

"I'm done writing my thing," Clare soon said. "You can make up something for me to write now, Mary."

"Okay." Clare let Mary have a moment to think. But she didn't take long.

"How about she's able to swim away...? Or did you already write that?" Mary asked.

"Yes, sorry. But there is many other things you can make up," Clare answered.

"Yeah, okay...hm...let me think..."

"Yup."

"Oh! I've got it! How about when she reaches the shore, she meets a cute little gopher and he can speak?"

"Oh, good idea! Exciting." Clare quickly started to write.

After Clare had written a lot she asked Mary, "What do you think the gopher's name should be?"

"Well, let's see....it needs to be something cool...I don't know. You think of something."

"Okay...how about she's a girl and her name is Sally?"

"All right, write that."

"Okay, after you write that can I draw the gopher?" asked Elizabeth.

"Sure," she answered, hurrieldy writing for she knew they were waiting very patiently to have thier part of the story.

After, she handed the notebook to Elizabeth.

"Thank you," she said.

"Ahm. What are you gonna draw?"

"You'll see."

"Haha, okay." Elizabeth was drawing Sally and the gopher talking on the shore together.

Many peeked over her shoulder. "Oh, that a good idea," she complimented.

"Yeah, thanks."

Soon Mother called them down for dinner.

"All right," Clare called back. They all ran downstairs, their tummies rumbling.

"Here's some soup for my young authors," Mother smiled cheerfully.

"Yummy," beamed Elizabeth. After saying grace, Father asked the girls, "So how was school today?" Of course Elizabeth was the first one to answer.

"Great! And I made a new friend and helped her with her school," she cried, smiling and feeling very proud of herself.

"Great, keep making new friends," Mother replied, feeling very proud of her.

"I will, Mother, I will."

2 comments:

M.C. said...

It's great! I'll keep reading it!!!!!

Kateri said...

Very good, Emily! I look forward to reading more...