Friday, June 5, 2009

more....

Chapter Nine

It was the day of the concert, and Ella was going crazy with excitement. "What should I wear?" she asked her Mother, while combing her freshly showered hair.

"It doesn't really matter, honey." said her Mother holding back a laugh "Just pick something clean and decent."

Ella laughed. "But I'll be right up next to the stage!" stars came into her eyes "I hope I get his autograph!"

Her Mother rolled her eyes. "You're crazy, Ella."

"Oh yeah. I know!"

They left at 5:00, so they would have no chance of being late.

"Bye! Have fun!" called her parents, as Ella started up the car, and Maria got in. "Don't worry, we will!" answered both girls.

How could they have anything but an awesome time?

*~*~*

Justin had been at the stadium since 3:00, there was so much to do before a show, especially one like this. Every person from his hometown, and all around it, was there, and they all wanted to say hi and wish him well, before taking their seats.

"Sure beats bagging groceries huh?" asked one of his old friends, slapping him on the back.

"Yeah, a bit more cash and a bit more fun." said Justin with a grin.

His friend nodded. "You know, this is going to sound silly, but, can I have your autograph?"

Justin laughed. "Yeah, man! Of course. Where do you want me to sign?"

The boy handed him a battered baseball cap, and Justin signed the brim with a flourish. Over the months he had gotten very good at writing his name.

*~*~*

Ella and Maria found their seats, if they stretched out their hands, they could touch the stage.

"I can't believe we're actually here!" said Ella

"I know!" cried Maria "It's like a dream come true for you, huh?"

"Haha yeah. It really is though. And aren't these the greatest seats ever?"

Maria giggled. "Yeah. Everyone who sees us will think we spent two thousand dollars on them! They'll think we're really rich."

"I hadn't thought of that, but you're right! Isn't that insane that some people could really spend that much money on tickets?"

"Yeah. Totally."

*~*~*

Justin's hairdresser, Kate, combed and gelled Justin's hair for the last time that year.

"Oh sweetie! You look cute!" she cooed "Awww!"

Justin rolled his eyes. That was Kate for you.

"I'm going to miss you so much, honey!" she said, sighing "You'll be sure to contact me when you're touring again, won't you?"

"Of course. I wouldn't trust anybody else."

Kate smiled. "There, all done! You look perfect!" Justin shrugged on his leather jacket, and uncased his guitar. "Bring down the house as usual, and have lots of fun! I'll be watching from backstage."

"Thanks a million, Kate! I couldn't have done any of this without your help."

Justin went to a small room backstage, and mentally ran through the show in his head. He got to choose when and how it all ran, and he was very choosy about the order of things. Mike came into the room, he glanced at his watch.

"Whew! Look at the time! You ready to rock and roll one last time, kid?" he asked.

"One hundred and ten percent ready." said Justin "How does the crowd look?"

"Full house, as usual, and all of them dying to see you. They love you here." said Mike "And listen..."

The fans could be heard chanting Justin's name over and over. "Jus-tin! Jus-tin! Jus-tin!"

Mike nodded. "It's going to be fun, trust me." he paused "Do your ultimate tonight, kid, make this your best yet, have fun, take some risks, they'll love you no matter what they do."

"I got it all taken care of." said Justin "What do you think of me pulling one of the fans up on stage and letting them pick a song for me?"

"Sounds cool. I know you know how to put on a show. Now you should get going before the fans start a stampede in here to get you!"

Justin slung his guitar over his head and went behind the stage, waiting for his cue to take the floor.

*~*~*

The Mayor Wentley came out onto the stage and held up his hands for silence. He was laughing, and looking very pleased.

"I remember announcing to a much smaller crowd, not too long ago, that Justin was going to sing, a few of you were there. Now I knew this kid had some talent, but never did I think he had this much talent and that he'd go this far! Now every American knows his name, nobody does not love his songs, he's the hottest artist in the world, and, ladies and gentlemen, he's performing here tonight! Give it up for Justin Fairway!"

Justin came running out onto the stage, and the lights flashed wildly overhead. The crowd screamed, and Ella joined in.

The mayor shook hands with Justin, and then gave him the microphone.

Justin waved to the yelling throngs of people, then once they settled down, began to talk.

"I'm back home, and boy does it feel good!" The crowd screamed again, but soon settled down, waiting for what he was going to say.

"Now, before I get this thing going I want to thank all of you for coming out tonight, I especially want to thank the Mayor, this school, and my agent, Mike, because they're the ones that set up this whole show. I would have ended my tour awhile ago in California if it weren't for them. I also want to thank the band, you know, many people don't know just how important they are!" He smiled, Ella lost her breath. "And, of course, a very special thank you goes out to my family and friends, especially my big brother, Matt, because without them I wouldn't be singing. Not here, not anywhere."

Ella couldn't have been more excited.

"You know, I could go on forever listing people I have to thank. Sadly I don't have time to do that, but I want everyone to know that I am very grateful, and if I didn't directly mention you, that doesn't mean I'm not thankful and I don't know you exist!" Justin put the microphone back on the stand, and fingered his guitar. "Alright! Lets get this party started!" he yelled, then he remembered something, "Oh yeah, one quick note about the show tonight, I'm just going to run through all my favorite songs, then I'm going to pick one person, and bring them up stage with me and let them pick a song for me to sing while they watch from the stage! Got it?"

The crowd roared about this, and Ella's heart only beat faster. What a wonderful thrill.

*~*~*

Justin strummed his guitar's string for a few moments, picking up the beat, before jumping headlong into the song. You was going to start out with "You Are". It was one of the first he had ever done, and had a wild and energetic beat, not the fans were needed more energy.

Some things you just can't put to words, and one of them is you,
I can't even think, when you look the way you do, because when I look in your eyes, you give me that hope,
that the sun will rise tomorrow, and love we'll always know.


The crowd was enthralled, and Ella was in heaven.

Yeah, you're my hero,
You're my darling,
You're my baby-girl,
You're the only one I notice in this crazy world...


*~*~*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella finally got to hear me live!!!!!! And very front seats too!!!!!! What a thrill!!!!!!!! Great story, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) <3

Anonymous said...

I mean him not me. lol. sorry! =p

M.C. said...

oh lol funny Em!

So sweet, Kateri!