Sunday, November 2, 2008

Part Four of In The Search of Elves

Here's the last piece, in case you don't know what's going on.


Elsa strained her ears, trying to listen in. her parents and Grandfather were defiantly very upset about something and were close to getting mad at each other. Elsa needed to know what it was all about, so even though she knew she shouldn't, she slipped out of bed and walked slowly down the stairs.

Elsa pressed her ear to the kitchen door to listen in.

"Who was it?" asked her Father gravely

"Rylan and Nester." answered Grandfather

"How many more will it take? asked Mother, she sounded as if she was crying.

"We've just got to face the facts." said Grandfather "This is life. We can't free ourselves."

Rylan and Nestor, they must have been the men who were hung for trying to escape. Elsa felt sick.

"We've got to think of the children." said Mother "I want my girls to have a real life. I see them working their hearts out in the fields every day and it hurts me to see them suffer so. For grown ups its not pleasant, but it's livable. But young girls! It's not right!"

"Yes." agreed Father "We can't just let this keep going on forever."

"So what are we going to do?" asked Grandfather "Fight the Crelis?"

"I didn't say that. Though if we must, we must." said Father gravelly

"You mean to start a war?"

"If it takes one, yes."

"I understand how you feel, but at least lets think about things a little! We are a handful of slaves and nothing more. They are millions of well trained soldiers and horrid beasts. How can we even think of taking them on alone?"

"Nobody said we had to do it alone."

"Well who's going to help us? Asmeld? No, they wouldn't dare get into it."

"The elves will."

"What elves? You know an elf has not been seen for over five hundred years! How do we even know they exist?"

"Weather they exist now or not, I don't know. But I do know for certain they really lived here, in Medina, before the attack. They are worth looking for. Think of how helpful they would be! You know how powerful they are, and their magic! Well if we got them, we'd really have a chance!"

"I just don't think it's a good idea to send somebody off looking for them. Personally, I think it's useless. Besides, how can anybody escape their master alive? And who would we send?"

Elsa could stand it no longer. She wanted nothing more then to meet an elf. She would go looking for the elves. She didn't care how dangerous it was. She wanted to go with all her heart. So, taking a deep breath, she flung the door open.

"I'll go! I'll go for the elves! I'd love to go! Oh please? Please may I go looking for the elves?"

3 comments:

Emily Froula said...

Oh, Kateri! I love it! I really want to know if they say "yes" to her!

helene said...

It's such a great story, Kateri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww thanks guys!!! More to come tomorrow... :)