Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Part Six of In The Search of Elves

Here's the next part of my story. And here's the link to the last part I posted.


At last her Father turned to her. "Ah, Elsa, I suppose you may go."

Elsa jumped up. "Oh thank you! Thank you so much!"

"Your welcome, Elsa. Now off to bed with you!"

Elsa skipped up the stairs and ran into the room, and jumped into the bed. Landing right on top of poor Fabry, he had slipped into her sister's half of the bed. She awoke with a start.

"Elsa! What is going on?"

"I'm going to go searching for the elves! Isn't it great?"

"What? Elsa! What are you talking about? You must have had a dream..."

Elsa laughed, and told Fabry everything that had happened. Fabry listened carefully, taking it all in.

"Would you have gone if Father asked you? Since you don't believe in elves and all."

"I don't know. I suppose so, but I wouldn't want to. And about my not believing in magic and elves, I only say they "probably" don't exist any more. I'm sorry I yelled about it at dinner. I just don't dare believe in such things, because then I'll start to hope in them, and then my hopes will be broken when nothing comes of it. Anyway, I really hope you do find the elves, and I know you'll a lovely a time."

"Yes, i probably will. Though it would be a ton more fun if you came along!"

"I can't. I just can't."

"Why? Oh, I see, Mother and Father wouldn't let both of us go."

"Yes, but not just that. I promised Joule I wouldn't go anywhere."

"Huh? Joule? Our Master's son? Your master?"

"Yes. Him." Fabry laughed.

"Fabry!"

"I know, I know, he's Inarian, and my master at that!"

"Fabry!"

"What?"

"Fabry! Do Mother and Father know you're courting an Inarian?"

"No! And you had better not tell them! I do hate keeping secrets from family, and I will tell sometime, but they can't know yet. Not right now. Just imagine what they'd say! They really wouldn't approve! Nether would his parents. So don't tell anyone anything about us!"

"I won't don't worry. I'm just surprised you're in love with somebody..."

"Goodness, Elsa! I'm eighteen!"

"He's nice right?"

"Oh yes! He hates us being slaves!But there's nothing he can do about it right now. He's very nice. He wants us free as much as we do!"

"Good. I've seen him before... He does look nice."

"He is, trust me."

"Good night, Fabry."

"Good night, Elsa."

That night Elsa dreamed of the adventures she would have and of Fabry getting married.

The next morning the plans for their journey were made. Fabry snuck off early, right after breakfast. Elsa knew she was going to go visit Joule.

2 comments:

Emily Froula said...

Oh! That is so exciting! I can smell romance coming! And I can't wait to read about them searching for the elves!

helene said...

It is so great!