Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Part Seven of In The search of Elves

Here's the next part of In The Search of Elves. And here's the last part I posted. Oh! Guess what? I FINISHED it!!! I've been re-writing it all summer... hehehe! It's finally done! Tell me what you think! Thanks!


It was decided that Elsa and Grandfather would escape in one week's time. For that day was a great Inarian feast day, and since they'd all be so busy celebrating, it would be easier to get out.

Carefully, Grandfather and Father made plans, of where they would try to go. There were several mountain ranges and large forests they knew of. all of them would have to be searched.

That week many things were done. Elsa was given a new dress of dark green velvet like cloth, a purple cloak, and a large satchel made of tanned leather. Supplies were bought secretly and packed up carefully. They would leave late in the evening.

It felt like that day would never come, but at last it did.

Elsa stood on the porch in the moonlight. She hugged Mother and Father tightly.

"Behave yourself." said Father "And think before you act or speak."

"Stay safe, love." said Mother "Listen carefully to anybody you talk to, whether it be Grandfather or a stranger. And heed your Grandfather, always do as he tells you."

"I will. I promise." said Elsa

Fabry came onto the porch. Her beautiful eyes wild with excitement. What was going on?Every bit of her seemed to be rejoicing about something. She hugged Elsa tightly, whispering good bye and the best of luck. Then very quickly, so her parents wouldn't hear, she whispered "Elsa, I'm engaged! Joule just asked me, not an hour ago!"

"Oh! Wonderful! Will you be married soon? Before I come back?"

"Probably, I'm sorry, Elsa."

"That's alright, I understand."

"He wishes you the best of luck on your journey." then Fabry hugged her even tighter "Stay safe, little sister. I'm going to miss you!"

The two hugged tightly, as if they never wanted to let go. But Elsa had to leave. Slowly she walked down the steps.

Looking behind her as she left. Taking one last look at Mother and Father. And one last look at her beautiful big sister, he now had a shining ring on her finger.

Walking behind Grandfather, their journey began.

They were in the search of elves at last.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Aaah!! This is great! I love it. "They were in the search of elves at last." Ooh!! Post more soon!! <3333

Emily Froula said...

There in the earch of elves!!!!!!!! It's so exciting! Post more really soon! :) 3>3>3>

helene said...

It's so sweet! The journey's beginning! Yay!