Thursday, October 23, 2008

Beauty Abounds

Beauty All Around Me
by Anna

The afternoon sun is shining brilliantly,
Fluffy white clouds are passing slowly by…
Goodness reveals itself, as far as the eye can see.

Fragrant breezes waft gently by…
Beauty all around me...I feel I could fly.

The moon beams tenderly down on me tonight,
Darkness shrouds me like a cloak.
Stars sparkling, so lovely, so bright.

Sweetness and splendor are clear to the eye...
Beauty all around me...I feel I could fly.

In the early morning I see dewdrops on the flowers.
Beauty, glory spreads across the morning sky…
Showing God’s almighty powers.

Such loveliness abounds, I feel I could cry…
Beauty all around me...I feel I could fly.

A tiny child gives his mother his first smiles.
A flower spreads its first delicate petals.
A little girl surmounts her first difficult trials.


I don’t want this time to pass me by…
Beauty all around me...I feel I could fly.
________________________________________________________

I'd really love any constructive criticism anyone can give me. I can't help somehow feeling that I'm doing something wrong....like all of my poems are missing something... haha, I dunno lol :P

Lol, maybe I just need to take more time on them...I've really been writing all of them in a couple of minutes so far... Except for Home, which did take me a couple of hours....What do you think? =/

4 comments:

Emily Froula said...

I love it, Anna!

helene said...

Really, there's nothing missing in your poems. They're so sweet. There's no criticism I can give you.

Anonymous said...

They're really good, Anna! Post more! <3

By the way, sorry about being S.L.O.W on this blog. After the visit, I've found myself behind in everything. Hehehe!

But I'll be posting lots of stuff later. :)

Anonymous said...

Very good, Anna. Very good indeed. I greatly enjoy enjoy your poems. Please, I beg of you, post more!

Sincerly,
Professor James Duhicky