Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ahoy! More of my story.....

Ahoy mates! More of me' story! What do you think of it? I could never seem to get this chapter just right. What do you think of Jamison's past? Please tell me! I never thought is was quite...oh! I don't know! So anyway, if you have any suggestions, please tell! :)


Chapter 11: The Past

"Jamison was born in the Bahamas to a rich family. They were well known, and owned a huge plantation. Jamison had an older sister, Marie, to whom he was very close to.

"When he just a lad of ten, and Marie fifteen, they were captured by a crew of pirates. Some think it might have been Captain Eddie, but nobody knows for sure. They sold Marie into a slavery, to a tribe of Indians, but took Jamison aboard with them, raising him as a pirate.

"A few years later he got in a terrible fight, with the captain of the crew. The captain was an excellent swordsman, and torn Jamison's arm nearly in two, that's where he got that dreadful scar. Jamison would have died then and there, but there was mutiny during their duel, and Jamison managed to escape the captain's wrath.

"He soon left that boat, and moved to another pirate ship, he never stayed long on any craft, for he didn't get along well, and he was even a wilder man then he is now. But at last he came here, at the age of nineteen, and has stayed here three years so far. I think he'll stay most likely, for he seems to fit.

"Growing up on a plantation, slavery was a normal thing to him. Though he was mad about what they had done to Marie, he saw it as bad luck and part of the trade. Though every time he kidnaps another person into slavery, I tell it gets harder and harder on him. I've noticed it seems to pain him sometimes, but of course he'd never admit it.

"Captain Frite keeps telling him to kidnap more, and being the First Mate he can't deny his orders. Plus Jamie needs the money, and it is part of a pirate's life, kidnapping and slaving... Though I've noticed more and more he seems to hate what his life is. Sadly, tis' only putting him in an even worse mood then usual."

Sarah interrupted. "Then was doesn't he just stop? Why doesn't he just free me? Why can't he be nice?"

Skinner laughed. "Sarah, what would the crew think if all of a sudden their first mate refused to do any slaving? And what if he was gentle with all the prisoners? What then, huh? He'd be kicked off the ship, or, they'd kill him. He's a hunted man from shore to shore, the only place he can hide is here, aboard a ship. He does it because he has too, where else could he go? He's fighting himself and the whole world, Sarah. You should not hate him, but try to befriend him."

Sarah gasped. "Never! We can never be friends! I will never love him, we are not meant to be. We are enemies, and nothing more. No friendship of any kind is possible, Mr. Skinner."

"But, Sarah! Its not really his fault! Tis' the way he's been brought up, and he's had a hard life. Trust me, he would never do kidnapping on his own. Tis' Captain Frite he sends the poor boy to do his dirty work, knowing the lad has no where else to go..."

But Sarah refused to listen. Jamison Dread was a horrid man, and she would never befriend him.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I love, love, love it!!

Ciao!

xoxo

Emily Froula said...

I absuloutly LOVE it, too, Kateri!! Post more soon please! :) Oh, yeah, and I'll post more of my story soon, I promise! I know it's taking so long! :(

helene said...

Oh, Kateri! His past is just perfect! It does seem right! LOOOOOVE IT!!!!!

Kateri said...

Thanks guys!!! I'm glad you thought it was good! :)

More coming very soon! TTYL everyone!

Oh yeah, and Emily, good! I've been W A I T I N G.....