Saturday, December 13, 2008

More, In The Search of Elves (at long last!)

Here's what I lasted posted, in case you have no idea what's going on. :)


The Crelis sniffed and grunted. Then they spoke to each other in their thick gruff voices.

"Lets go back." whined one "We're missing the feast!"

"We will go..." said one "Once we find the slaves."

"Why bother hunting them? They will not survive long. Not with the wolves in this forest. And if they do get by the wolves, witch I doubt they will, but if thy do, they'll be so lost, they'll never come back."

"Alright, alright. Very well. We will go."

And they thundered out of the forest, disappearing in the thick trees.

Elsa and Grandfather slowly made their way down the tree. They woods were dreadfully dark.

"Are there really wolves?" asked Elsa

"I don't know." said Grandfather "I hope not."

Then somewhere, not too far away, there was the lonely howl of a wolf. This was followed by another, even closer.

That night was not a restful one. Grandfather built a fire, but they didn't dare sleep much, for the wolves were very close. Often they could be seen walking throughout the trees.

"Do you know where we are?" asked Elsa

"Hmmmm...yes...I think we're in the Still Woods. Yes, I'm sure that's where we are."

"Do you think there any elves here?"

Grandfather laughed. "Nay child, we are but a few miles away from home! We're still very close to the Inarian city. I don't think the elves want to be that close to the Inarians."

"Where will we head toward tomorrow?"

"The Almeron Mountains, but that is along long way from here. I haven't the slightest idea what we're going to run into."

"Do you think we might find a Unicorn? Or fairies? Dwarfs possibly. Or maybe a dragon...?"

"I don't know, Elsa. I really don't know."

"The Inarians couldn't have killed them all off, could they? There must be at least a few magic things left, right Grandfather?"

"I don't know. But I suppose we are going to find out, aren't we?"

"Oh yes! Yes we are!"

2 comments:

Emily Froula said...

Oh, how lovely, Kateri! Post more soon! :)

Anna said...

I'm way behind on this story. I'll tried to print it all off and read it from beginning to end tomorrow!!!

Love,
Anna
xoxo