Sunday, December 14, 2008

Here's more...

Here's more of the princess story! Sorry I only posted a little bit, earlier today. But here's more to make up for it!

"I'm sorry I couldn't shop for you yesterday, your father left. But I can now, what do you want?" she asked.

"All I want is to see William every morning." Bell said.

"No, dear, never! I asked you what do you wwant for a gift?"

"If I can't have that, I won't have a gift!"
Her mother refused a second time, but once she saw how sad she was, she sighed and agreed.
Now bell was happy, but not all the way happy her father was still in the war. But she still went to visit William.

When she reached the meadow she told him that she named the sheep Emma.

He smiled and said, "I love that name!"

"Thanks!" she replied.

"Today's my birthday..." she then said slowly.

"Oh! Happy birthday! I wish I had a present for you!"

"The only gift I want is to be with you." she said, looking up into his eyes.

"Oh..well..uh..." he stumbled, not knowing what to say.

"My father's in the war." Bell said, changing the subject.

"Mine is too." then they were silent. Soon Emma bawwed and crawled onto William's lap. Then Bell laughed and said, "I'm sure Emma is glad to see you again."

"Well, he's pretty used to me." he laughed.

"Of course!" she laughed back.

"Yu're a kind girl. I mean, you give money to the poor all the time."

"Yes, well...I better go now, bye!"

"Bye!" he cried, and she left with her sheep.
Bell thought it was a weird birthday, having no presents or anything. But she did not care. She didn't want to be spoiled or anything like that.

4 comments:

helene said...

<3 it!

Anna said...

Ditto! Emily, you have simply amazing writing skills for an eight year old. I've seriously never met an eight year old who can right like you can!! Good job!

xoxo
anna

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks! I'll try to keep it up! But I think your MUCH better!!

Anonymous said...

Like I said in my comment below; you're amazing, Emily! <3