Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chapter 20

This chapter will shock you, (Jamison makes up)!!!!!!!! Hehe. Tell me what you think! :) I told you this before, but this story is about it get very very exciting. I can't wait to post it! Luckily, I like typed the whole story up, so I just have to copy and paste it. I should be able to post once a day, maybe twice, though that's stretching it.


Chapter 20:

The next evening, after supper, Sarah slipped away, by herself onto the deck. The sun was beginning to set. It cast its red-orange glow about the waves and ship, and lit the sky into shades of red and pink.

Sighing, she leaned over the rail. Their journey was just over half done. When they got to the Bahamas in a few months, she would be sold into slavery, and then the Ransom's crew would go off looking for that hidden treasure.

Tears fell from eyes as she thought about it. The crew may have been becoming nicer, but she was worth several hundred crowns, and the ship, including Jamison Dread, was in need of money.

In the galley, the crew was cleaning up after supper. It was a new skill they had learned from Sarah. Once they were done, cards and dice were brought out, and they played by candle light on the old wooden tables. Then Johnny noticed Sarah was missing, usually she was right with them, either playing, or cheering and jeering with the rest.

"I wonder where she's gone off to." he wondered, looking out the galley window, he caught sight of her leaning over the wooden railing. "Ah, there she is! Alone on the deck with the sun setting..."

Suddenly, Johnny realized what a golden opportunity this was.

He at once pulled Jamison aside.

"This is the perfect time for you to apologize, Jamie! Don't worry, I'll make sure no one goes out on the deck. You two can be all alone. Go on out and say you're darn sorry for everything!"

Jamison looked worriedly at Johnny. "Do you really think it'll do any good?"

"Yes!"

"Alright." said Jamison running his hand through his dark hair. "If anyone comes out here, you're walking the plank, Johnny boy! You hear?"

"Aye aye, Jamie!"

"Quit calling me that! Like I'm not nervous enough..."

"Jamison Dread is scared of poor little helpless Sarah? Jamison Dread can fight of savages and blood thirsty pirates, but is too scared to face a little lass?" Johnny broke into a fit of laughter.

"Knock it off!" cried Jamison shoving Johnny.

"Alright, alright. And good luck, Jamie!"

"Stop calling me that! And thanks."

Jamison flung open the galley door, and marched up the deck. He stopped, and glanced at the galley window. Johnny nodded, and gave him a thumbs up.

"Strange little kid." thought Jamison "Always meddling in other people's affairs. He should mind his own business for once."

Sarah's head was leaning on the rail, her long blond hair falling over the side of the ship. She was crying. And she didn't seem to notice him.

"What's wrong, Sarah?" he asked coming up beside her.

"Everything." said Sarah, too upset to wonder why Jamison was out here and talking with her. "I miss my home so much. And, well, its not the nicest feeling to be sold as a slave."

He put his hand on her shoulder, and gently pulled her away from the side of the ship. "I'm sorry." he said sincerely, catching her eye.

"For what?" asked Sarah cautiously, but keeping the gaze.

"I'm sorry for everything I did. I'm sorry for tricking you, kidnapping you, being so rude and mean, and cruel, and all the other bad things I've done." he paused "And I don't expect you to forgive me. Its a heck of a lot to forgive. I just wanted to say I'm really sorry, and I wish I had never done any of it. I wish I could just go back in time, but I can't. Sarah, I'm so sorry."

Sarah was quite for a long time. She fingered the her skirt as if she didn't know what to say. At last she spoke, looking him right in the eye.

"You say you don't expect me to forgive you." she paused again "Well, what if I already have?" she laughed "Jamison, I must admit, I didn't think I ever would, but I can, I really can forgive you, and I do, Jamison Dread, I forgive everything."

There was silence for a moment. Both of them were clearly surprised at what the other had just said.

"Thank you." said Jamison at last "And I want you to know, you're not going to be sold as a slave. I'd die before I'd let that happen. As soon as I can, I'm bringing you home."

Sarah couldn't believe what she had just heard.

"Really? Really, Jamison?"

"Yes. Once we're in the Bahamas, I'll get you on board the first ship I can."

"Oh, Jamison!"

Sarah smiled. She was going home! "Thank you so much!"

"No, thank you." said Jamison "And if there's anything, ever, I can do to make it up to you, don't hesitate to ask."

Sarah was so overcome with emotion, she didn't know what to do. Should she hug him? No, that seemed a little too quick. She felt happy tears well up in her eyes, she tried to wipe them away. "Jamison, can we be friends now?" she asked

"Yes, of course, Sarah."

4 comments:

helene said...

Gosh! Way to go Jamie! Woo-hoo!

Emily Froula said...

Wow! Yeah, I'm so glad he's going to bring her home! Way to go Jamison, yay!! :D

Anonymous said...

Yeah! But the ride ain't over yet...

Anonymous said...

Jamison is sooooo cute!