Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Story!!

Here's a new story I just started. :) I didn't write much, so it's only a little bit. Please tell me if you like it! And also please tell me if I'm copying anything! Because if I did, that would be horrible. ;)

Elizabeth of the Northern Hills

By Emily Froula

Chapter One: Death

Elizabeth sat down next to her mother, while the nurses helped her give birth to a son. Her mother screamed in pain, her name was Hannah. Her mother was not only struggling to have the baby, but also struggling to go through a terrible illness. Elizabeth’s father had just died in the war, now she was very worried that her mother would die too, any time soon.

When her mother finally had the baby, she was more close to death than ever before. She was sweaty, weak, and unable to walk or say anything. But, somehow, she managed to murmur quietly to her daughter, “Lisie, take care of the baby, I am going to die, I have no inhabitants to give you but this.” And she handed Elizabeth a silver necklace that looked so much like a rosary.

“No! Mother! You can’t die! No, please!” Elizabeth cried, through everlasting tears. But it was too late, her mother, was dead. Elizabeth was now an orphan with no one to take care of her, except the nurse and the servant, but they weren’t old enough to take care of anybody. What would she do?

Elizabeth was too sad to say anything, and she stayed with her mother, sobbing for days. Soon the nurse left, and the young servant thought and thought of what she could do for poor Elizabeth. She had stayed there crying at her mother’s bedside for three days now. What would she ever do without her mother?

“Come away, darling,” the servant, said, whose name was Mary, “we must find someone else to look after you, now, it’s not good for you to stay here before your mother this long.”

“No, I won’t go! I won’t leave her!” shouted Elizabeth. Mary sighed, but, soon Elizabeth went away from her mother, still sobbing, and took Mary’s hand.

They both didn’t know what to do about her mother’s death. But just went out of the country and into the city, trying to find a person to adopt the baby and the Elizabeth, or an orphanage. But Elizabeth really hoped they didn’t fine one. She hated the orphanage.

2 comments:

Kateri said...

Ohhh! That is so soooo sad!!! :( It's very well written though! No, I don't think you're copying anything.

Please, post more! :)

I'm so glad you're posting again, I love your stories! <3 TTYL

helene said...

Oh, it's so sad, but that's what makes a good story! I <3 it!