Thursday, January 29, 2009

more at last!!! chap 29

Chapter 29:

They stayed in the harbor for several more days before leaving again. The island where Captain Eddie's treasure was thought to be buried wasn't far away.

As they sailed along through the Bahamas, Sarah couldn't believe the beauty of everything. It made her never want to leave.

"Told you it was gonna be beautiful." said Skinner "See, now no matter where you go, you'll always want to come back here."

"Yes." agreed Sarah "I don't really want to go home any more."

"It's not just sailing and the Bahamas you like, I can tell, you like somebody on board as well, don't you?"

Sarah blushed. "Well, yes."

"Who? Though, I do have a good idea of who it is..."

"Jamie."

"Ha! I knew it! You two are real funny kids. Sworn enemies one day, lovers the next." Skinner walked away whistling.

Sarah just sighed happily and went below deck.

Tomorrow they'd reach the island where the treasure was supposedly buried, the crew was getting excited, and they couldn't stop talking about what they would do if they found it.

"Tis' more loot then we could steal in twenty years of pirating." remarked Cardshark "If we find it, we'll be dirty rich. Ah, if we get that loot, I'll me'-self a whole tavern!"

"You too?" asked Arnold Beer "I'm getting one! Then I can have the best of beer any day of the week.... What about you, Jamie? What would you get?"

"Hmmm... I sure could go for my own tavern, that sounds pretty darn good. But, you know, I wouldn't want to leave the sea and become a tavern owner, ah, that's too boring."

"Then, what else do ya want?"

"Nothing money can buy."

"And what is this thing money can't buy, may I ask?" asked David Rock

Jamison just shook his head. "You're gonna laugh at me, mateys! I don't think I want to tell!"

"Gee, you'd think a Captain would tell his own crew..."

"Alright! Alright!" said Jamison "You've talked me into it! I'd like a good wife, and some kids, ok?"

Sarah wasn't in the room, but she had over heard it all.

That night, as Sarah fell asleep below deck she thought of Albandale and her parents.

What were they thinking of her? Well, right now they probably thought she was dead. But if they could see her now, what would they think? Staying aboard a pirate ship on purpose, going hunting for treasure, and worst of all, falling in love with Jamison Dread. Well, if they knew that, Sarah knew she'd be a lot of trouble. Sarah laughed at the thought of what they'd say and do.

"I suppose, once this adventure is done, I must go home. Though it would be wonderfully romantic to run off and get married to Jamison and live on the sea, I can't do that to my parents. I really must go home sometime...but not just yet."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she should go visit her parents then marry him!! LOL
Though I think that's what you did. ;)

M.C. said...

I just hope they get married soon! lol