Monday, January 19, 2009

more pirate story....

they are sooo in love..... * happy sigh * lol! tell me what you think!!!


Chapter 28:


Sarah got to the tavern, several young men at once opened the doors for her. She nodded politely to them, and entered the dark room. This tavern was very much like Gilenger's, though it was a great deal bigger, it brought a flood of memories back. The rooms were full of talking men, and laughing girls.

Sarah walked up to the counter, not seeing Jamison anywhere.

"How can I help you, pretty miss?" asked the bartender, removing his hat

"Have you seen a young sailor? He's got black hair, and a scar on his left arm and..."

"Yes, miss, Mr. James, you're asking for, aren't you?"

Sarah nodded.

"He's down the hall way, playing cards. And might I ask, if you don't mind, what's a pretty young thing like yourself, doing, looking for a wild boy like him?"

Sarah shrugged. "Tis' a long story. Thank you for your help."

The bartender nodded. "I'll warn you miss, he looks like the kind of sort who would pretend to be real nice to lass, then snatch her up and take her aboard his ship. Be careful!"

Sarah giggled. "Thank you sir." And she went down the dark hall way into a room full of people playing cards and dice. Jamison was at one of the tables, with piles of gold around him. The other men at the table were looking tired of cards, and looked about ready to call it all quits.

"Hi, Jamie." said Sarah tapping him on the shoulder.

"Hey." said Jamison, without looking up from his cards.

"Jamie! Look at me! What do you think?"

Jamison looked up and gave a whistle. "Whew! Sarah!"

Sarah giggled.

Sarah and Jamison had a wonderful afternoon together that day. They stayed out till just before midnight, and only then did they start to return to the ship. When they got to the docks, Jamison picked her up and carried her aboard the ship.

"You know, Sarah, you really are too pretty to be aboard this old ship."

"Oh, tis' not a bad ship at all! In fact, I really like it now." she paused "You know what, Jamison? I'm actually glad you kidnapped me. I thought I'd never say that, but there are a lot of things I thought I'd never do, but I'm doing now."

"Like what?" he asked, smoothing her hair.

"Like falling in love." said Sarah catching Jamison's eye.

He just laughed and hugged her closely. "Sarah, Sarah..."

3 comments:

Emily Froula said...

Oh, my gosh! They're being too in love! They're being.....they're being.....
Oh, Kateri!! It's just getting into SO much romance! I love it!

helene said...

Aaahhh, romance!!!! lol (that stands for "lots of love").

Anonymous said...

I know!!! I'm so glad you guys like it! I'll post more as soon as I can! :)