Saturday, January 17, 2009

more pirate story

Chapter 27:

They had been at sea for months and months now. It felt like years ago Sarah had first come aboard.

"We'll be there pretty soon." remarked Jamison one morning "It won't take more then a month, I'd say."

"What will we do when we get there?" asked Sarah

"Dock, and you can get aboard another ship and go home."

Sarah took this in. "But, Jamison, what if I don't want to go?"

"You don't want to go back home?" asked Jamison, looking at her strangely.

"Well, will you be going back with me?"

"No. I'm going to go get that treasure, Sarah. I just can't up and leave the ship can I ?"

"Then, I'll come with you."

"Whatever you want. Tis' you choice."

Sarah nodded. "And what will you be doing after you find that treasure?"

Jamison laughed and shrugged. "I sure don't know. Because, you see, it depends a lot on what a little lass named Sarah is doing."

Sarah just laughed and slipped her little hand into his.

After another couple days at sea, Daniel Plank shouted out for land early one morning. "Land! Land ho! We're at the Bahamas at last!"

"We'll dock today, men." said Jamison "Ya'll can go ashore and do whatever ya please, but be careful, a few of you are wanted men here. I can't loose any of you to the stocks on a hangman's noose, so please be careful and use your heads. I want you all back aboard by midnight."

It wasn't very long before they had docked in a bustling city. Sarah stood in the bow to look. The wharfs were swarming with excitement. Sarah couldn't wait to get off. She held her bag of gold tightly, as she got into a rowboat.

The city was a loud and busy place. The air was soft and warm, with gentle breezes. Palm trees and white sand with teal water, was the landscape.

"Ah, tis' beautiful!" cried Sarah looking around.

Jamison nodded. "It's good to be back home, even just for a little while. You can go wherever you like, just don't get into trouble, alright?" he said laughing "I'll be in the nearest tavern. I need a good beer."

Sarah nodded. And Jamison marched away to the tavern across the street.

Sarah ran along the streets. She was going to go shopping, and she would begin with a new dress, something beautiful and decent. She need a seamstress's shop.

She was soon able to find one that carried what she was looking for.

Sarah stepped in, feeling very shabby at the sight of all the beauty that was displayed.

"How may I help you?" asked a pretty young woman

"Dress me in your best." said Sarah "And leave nothing out. Ive got over a hundred crowns." she held up her sack of gold.

The lady looked surprised. Where had this wild looking girl earned a hundred crowns? Stole it most likely. But money was money. She hastened to get the best dresses.

Sarah left the seamstress's a very different girl. She wore a light pink sleeveless dress, with a tight waist and long swishing skirts. It was the very latest style. She had bought dainty little slippers, and a silver necklace. She had got a brush for her hair, and had given it a good, much needed, brushing.

The warm sun fell on her shoulders and she skipped down the side-walks. She felt like her old self again.

The old Sarah who caught every one's eye. The old Sarah who was born for fun. The old Sarah who was carefree, and without a single worry.

But Sarah, had changed over the months, she had grown up, finally, and, at last, she had found somebody to court. If you could call what was going on between Jamison and Sarah "courting".

6 comments:

Emily Froula said...

Wow! Courting? Jamison and Sarah? I can't beleave that!! Love takes time sometimes, though, to really get in. LOL

I'm so glad that Sarah is back home, or at least a little while. ;)

It SO shcoked me whenm she decided she wanted to stay with the crew!

helene said...

Oh, how lovely Sarah must feel in that new, comfy dress!

Anna said...

Ahhh! I've gotten way behind in this story!! I HAVE TO CATCH UP! It sounds like there is soooo much exciting stuff going on! O.O

I have to say, I love the blog's new look!!! Looking good, looking good!!!

xoxoxo

love anna

Juliette said...

I love this story!!! <3

Anonymous said...

Thank you guys!!! Anna, do you just want me to email you the chapters? Will that make it easier?

Anonymous said...

Ohh very good! Very good indeed! I look foward to more...