Friday, January 2, 2009

More Pirate Story Mateys!!!

Here's some more!!!


Chapter 18:

So Sarah turned into Jamison's little maid and waitress. It wasn't as bad as she had thought it to be. He certainly was not nearly as crabby. Though, he was probably too tired to be crabby. And he didn't yell as much. Though he was probably too tired to yell too. And he actually said "please" and "thank-you". This, Sarah blamed on the fever, surely Jamison would never say those words if he wasn't crazy with fever. But then again... he never did have too much of a fever...

All in all, Sarah found him funny and smart, and she found it very nice indeed that he treated her like a lady, not a slave, in their time together.

But still, Sarah could not find it in her to forgive him, nor, did he ask to be forgiven.

Then, one morning, Jamison suddenly grew very sick. He was even worse the next day, and the day after that, he truelly went crazy with fever. As it had been with Sarah, the fever was the worst part of it all. Jamison would cry out things in his sleep and and move wildly about. This, Sarah knew was a sign of just how bad the fever was.

And Sarah, was actully, a good deal worried about him. Just a little bit. But she rarely left his side, and it was she who fought to bring the fever down. But it did not break that day, or even the day after that.

Then the whole crew became worried for their young first mate. Nobody, not even Sarah or Skinner, had been as sick as Jamison was now.

Each day the fever stayed, Sarah grew more worried. She didn't rightly know why. After all, wouln't it be best for her if Jamison just died?

But, Jamison had been there for her when she had been sick. He had stayed up with her, no matter how tired he was. Kidnapper or not, he was becoming a little bit nicer.

On the fifth day of the fever, it looked like Jamison might not make it. Sarah laid her head upon his forehead, he was as hot as fire. Johnny watched sadly.

"Ain't nothing we can do for him." he said shaking his head. "You take a break, Sarah. You've been here hours on end. I'll watch him for awhile." Sarah stood and streached. She cast a long look at Jamison, and reclutantly left the cabin.

Not five miniutes after she had left, Jamison awoke. Sweaty and tired still. "How things going, matey?" asked Johnny

"Not great. You?"

"Fine. I took yer' place ya know. Everyone is getting on fine."

"Sarah?"

"Oh yeah, she's ok. Worried sick about you though."

"What? Me? No!"

"Aye, Jamie. She is, as plane as day."

"Nah, can't be. I've heard her say over and over that I'm the worst man alive. And she's darn right."

"You're not that bad, matey!" cried Johnny, laughing.

"I am. You don't know half the crimes I've done." he paused "Now look here, Johnny boy, if I don't get over this, see that Sarah is not sold. Use my money and buy her. Promise me this, lad! If I die I need to know that she's safe and free. Do you hear?"

"Aye, Jamie. I promise. But do you really feel that sick? Talking of death and all?"

"No, not really. But you never know your future." he paused again "And Johnny, lad, if I do go, tell Sarah a real sorry for all I did. I wish I had never done any of it. Tell her that, will ya?"

"Well, don't you think that's something you should tell her yourself?"

"Well... yes, but it won't do any good. This is not just a little thing I did. Tis' a huge, horrid, sin, I did to her. And i really am truelly sorry now. But I can't rightly say I am, face to face with her."

"And why not, matey?"

"For one thing she'd prbably just git' mad at me. And for another, can you think of what the Captain would say if he knew I aploigized to her? He already noticed I liked her."

Johnny grinned. "So you do have feelings for the gal!"

Jamison shrugged.

"Well, tis' a big mess, that's for sure." said Johnny grimly.

Jamison sighed. "You know what, lad?"

"What?"

"I don't want to be a pirate any more. But this is the only place I can go. This is the only place I'm welcome. Where else can I go?"

Johnny shrugged. "I sure as heck don't know. When are you qutting?"

"I never said I was quttting. But something tells me this is the last sailing of the First Mate Jamison Dread."

3 comments:

Anna said...

WOW!! Poor Jamie, feeling as if he'll never be anything better than a pirate. :( I think he's actually quite sweet, lol!! Oh, do post mroe soon, Kateri! I'm dying to know if he actually apologizes to Sarah face to face.

Emily Froula said...

Sam here! I love it!! Post more REAL soon!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww thank you guys!!! Yeah, Jamie is kinda sweet, huh?