Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kateri's Pirate Story: At Long Last

hehe! Long time, no post! Here's chapter seventeen. In case you don't remember what is going on...here's chapter 16. Sorry I haven't posted in ages. Tell me what you think!!! Enjoy!



Chapter 17

It was a long, long, time before people started getting better. Sarah was one of the last to finally get back to her daily work, for Jamison declared, that even once she was healthy, she wasn't to work for another full week. And even once she started working again, it was only a quarter of what she used to do.

One morning, soon after, Sarah saw Jamison was getting sick. When others noticed it, he declared that he was "fine", and that it was "nothing". Sarah, who knew how bad the strange illness really was, yelled at him to quit working and go rest. But he just laughed and said, "Who are you to give the orders, young lady?" And then marched away to take care of the sails.

It took Captain Frite to make him rest.

"You are not to leave your cabin!" he thundered "I'll see to your work. You, my lad, are not to be doing any labor of any kind, in any way, do you hear? No fighting, no raising or lowering sails, no fishing, no lifting anything heavy, you, you, aren't even to yell at the men! Do you hear me, lad?"

"Aye, aye, Captain." said Jamison "But, honest, I could just work a little bit more..."

"No! I'm not going to let my first mate work himself to death! Now get out of my sight, boy."

The Captain turned to the rest of the crew. "Johnny, my boy, you'll take Jamison's place. You hear? Ya know what to do, matey. I trust ya to do well."

"Aye aye!" cried Johnny, clearly excited.

"Of course he had to but the devil boy in charge." murmured David Rock. "We're all doomed."

Johnny just shrugged and laughed and began shouting orders. Sarah found it entertaining to see the little boy ordering the big men around. Sarah watched, giggling. Johnny noticed.

"You don't think you're getting away without doing any work, do ya, lass?"

"Well, what do you want me to do?"

"You, lassie, have a very very special job."

"Oh? And what is it?"

"You, are to wait on our dear sick first mate, Jamie Dread. You'll see he has his meals and takes care of himself, ya hear?"

"Uhhh...? But Johnny!"

"No buts about it, gal!" cried Johnny laughing

"But, Johnny, haven't you noticed, that uhh, we don't like each other so much? We, well, sort of...hate each other."

Johnny nodded. "That's the reason for this order, lass! We can't have people hating each other, can we?"

"Well, alright, I don't hate him. I just find Jamison really really really...annoying."

"And I'm afraid that I don't care."

"But, Johnny! I'll scrub the decks, I'll clean the galley, I'll do anything! Just please, don't make me wait on Jamison Dread!"

"I'm in charge, remember, Sarah? Now go! Go fall in love with Jamie, errr, uhhh, I mean, go spend some time with Jamie! Run girl!"

Sarah felt her face grow hot. So that was Johnny's plan! Trying to make her, Sarah Smithins, fall in love with that nasty Jamison Dread.

Well! In time could they possibly become friends? Maybe. But that was stretching it. Could they ever fall in love with each other? Never! No, that was impossible.

He had tricked her and kidnapped her. That was going to take Sarah a long long long time, if ever, to forgive.

Plus, he was still taking her to the Bahamas to sell her.

How could a girl fall in love with a man who was going to sell her?

4 comments:

helene said...

Oh, great! <3

Anonymous said...

Yeah, she said it! I love it1 But, of course, I know that she DOES fall in love with him! Did I give anything away? If I did, sorry!<3<3<3

Kateri said...

Haha, you didn't! I think I told everybody that already... I dunno ;) More coming later, ok?

Anna said...

Yay Kateri! I'm so glad you posted more!! hehe, Johnny is hilarious!