Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chapter 26 (In Whitch Jamison and Sarah Kiss!) (I'm not joking!)

Oh my goodness, guys! I can't believe how few chapters are left! Hey, guess what? IN THIS CHAPTER, JAMISON AND SARAH KISS!!! LOL. Yeah, ok, I know some of you have been longing for it. Hahaha! Enjoy, my friends! By the way, tis' only fair I put "The Kiss Warning" up on this post, just to warn any little brothers and other "anti-kiss" guys out there. Lol. So here's the warning: **THIS CHAPTER HAS A KISS**; repet: **THIS MENTATIONS A KISS!** lol. Tell me what you think!



Chapter 26:

Sarah couldn't understand it, not one bit. How could you fall in love with your kidnapper? She thought it was impossible not too long ago, but now, she was surprising herself.

Each day she found herself liking Jamison even more. He was funny, smart, daring, a hard-worker, and well, he was sweet... Not mention a good deal of other things Sarah found attractive.

Sarah wished for the millionth time that she were back home, this time with Jamison.

To be dressed in velvet and lace, instead of rags. To have pearls and diamonds, instead of golden Indian bands. For silk slippers, instead of her well worn leather shoes.

Then she would be really beautiful, Sarah thought.

And they could go courting together, the real way.

Jamison would come by in the evening with a horse and buggy. He's greet her parents, and then Sarah, before taking her out. She'd be dressed in her very finest and he'd have a suit on... Sarah laughed as she thought of it. It was so very hard to imagine Jamison in a suit!

They'd go riding up and down the dark streets, stop at Gilenger's perhaps, and maybe going to a dance. Could Jamison dance?

Oh to really be a lady! Oh to be back home! Oh to really be courting!

Sarah thought all this as she worked, totally lost in her own little world. She could almost feel the soft dress about her and hear the sound of carriage wheels in the cobble-stone streets. She secretly thought of Jamison holding her close...

That evening, after supper, the usual games of cards and dice began. Sarah watched, too busy dreaming to join a game herself.

Out on the deck Johnny and Jamison were talking quietly.

"Fine, I'll do it." said Jamison "I just need some marked cards, I'm not playing against her without them. If I loose again, I'll look like a real fool."

Johnny handed Jamison a deck of cards. "Just marked them myself. They're ready to go."

"Good. Wish me luck!" said Jamison looking the cards over.

"I'm watching this!" cried Johnny

"Do you have to?" asked Jamison

"Of course, Jamie!"

They entered the galley and found Sarah leaning against a table, her hair falling around shoulders, and framing her beautiful face. She was so very pretty there, sitting with the candle light flickering around her.

"Come on, Sarah" pleaded Jamison holding up the deck of cards "Just one game!"

"With betting?"

"Well, yes." admitted Jamison

"How much?" asked Sarah cautiously

"The same stakes as last time."

"You mean...?"

"Yes, my hundred crowns against your kiss."

"Jamie!" cried Sarah. She had found she was the only one who was allowed to call him that. She looked up and Jamison, and shook her head. "Alright, alright, Mr. Jamison Dread, that's a bet I'll take."

A table was cleared, and the whole crew gathered around to watch. After only a few minutes into the game, Jamison already had a steady lead.

"I don't get it."Sarah said looking at her cards "You're having all the luck tonight."

Jamison shrugged. "I guess fate is with me tonight." he said, reading the small markings on the back of Sarah's cards.

Soon, Sarah was really loosing. Each hand she fell more and more.

"You should all take after Sarah's example." remarked Skinner to the crew "She's loosing, with a heck of a lot on the line too, and she's not cursing, or yelling, or throwing things, or tearing the cards in half..."

Then, Sarah lost.

"Well! Will you look at that, I won!" cried Jamison. He cast Sarah a wicked grin.

Sarah laughed, throwing down her cards and standing up. She tossed back her long golden hair, and caught Jamison's eye.

"Come here if you want your reward, Jamie."

Then, Sarah gave Jamison what he had won, she kissed him right in front of the whole crew.

4 comments:

Emily Froula said...

Wow!!!!! A kiss on the cheek or the lips??????!!!!!!!!! I can't beleave that!!!!!!!!

Post more soon, really good, Kateri!! Keep up the good romance! LOL

Kateri said...

Haha, I think the lips. lol

helene said...

Well, what a nice romance story!!! I love it, Kateri!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys! Yeah, I've never written a "real" romance before, a few of my friends begged me to write one, this is what I came up with. Hehe!

Notice I can't *not* write an action-adventure, story, even my romance story has to have wild adventures in it!